Wednesday, March 03, 2010

The 93rd is special ...

Oh boy! I certainly can not keep pace with the way Sachin is scoring centuries. With his latest feat, I am just dumb-folded. Wow! It was a feast. The 200 will be remembered for a long long time.

What I think is even more telling is how he encourages those who are capable, to break the records he makes. For example, this is what he said:
I don't think any record is unbreakable. Records are made to be broken. I hope that if this record is broken, it's done by an Indian.
This is clearly an encouragement for Virender Sehwag. We all know he is capable of getting to 200 in ODI's. But nothing beats this kind of encouragement from the master.

We should not make this stunning display a testament of "second-coming" of the master mainly because the career of the master has been so long, more than two decades. And to say that this recent display (four test centuries in as many innings, the first double hundred in ODI's etc.) has been a revival of the master blaster is a joke. Like I said elsewhere, for him to be "back", he has to underperform first!

No comments: